Based in the market town of Kettering, Northamptonshire, famous for Wicksteed Park, the oldest amusement park on the UK mainland, our client who have run their traditional Italian family restaurant for over 16 years, with plans to expand, are looking for a full-time Assistant Chef to work alongside and assist their Head Chef.
Working closely with the Head Chef, the ideal candidate will also be comfortable working on their own initiative and demonstrate their experience working within a busy, fast paced kitchen preparing dishes for the restaurant including takeaway orders.
Due to the nature of the position, the candidate will need a good understanding of speaking English and Italian, along with good customer service skills.
A team player and with the potential for personal growth, they are looking for someone to join their family, who by nature is wholesome and clean-living, methodical, organised, able to work well with others with a minimum of fuss plus be clean and tidy.
- Assistant Chef
- Experience preferred
- English speaking with Italian as a second language preferred
- Head Chef/Assistant Chef will cover each other for holidays/sickness etc.
- Salary – £12.00 per hour
- Minimum 36 hours per week
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays*
- Weekly tips divided between all staff
- Staff can have their meals at the Restaurant
- Keep kitchen clean and tidy
- Review after 3 months
- Ideally living locally but assistance given to find accommodate if out of area
* The restaurant closes for 3 to 4 weeks in August/September so no salary will be paid during this period, unless paid annual leave is taken at this time.
If you feel you have what it takes, why not apply for this position today or give us a call on 01484 483034 or email us at email@example.com to discuss things further?
Interviews will be conducted by Ho.Re.Ca. – The Hospitality Experts.
|Working Days||Minimum 36 hours per week|
|Salary||£12.00 per hour|